Sharing photos of nature outside the window

Unknown Friday, December 2, 2011
Hello! I've been reading your blog for about half a year now and I wrote a thank you a little while ago in your comments. I thought I'd share some of my nature pictures with you as further thanks. I don't mind if you share something in the blog, but I thought they might amuse you. :)

I began bird feeding to amuse the cats (a Siamese mix named Cassie and a tabby mix named Bill Murray, though both have blue eyes somehow). I thought it was so cute that you have cats in your shop, and I wish I could visit it, but I'm closer to Ann Arbor. 

Anyway, I have 3 feeders, 2 are suction cup window feeders and those work great. I put a cat tree near that sliding glass door and the cats can watch the birds right up close. 

We get all kinds of critters out here: mink, deer, groundhogs, coyotes, raccoons, chipmunks, squirrels (red and grey), frogs, herons, mourning doves, blue jays, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, cardinals, robins, egret, Canadian geese, sparrows, goldfinches... and that's just off the top of my head. I've loved being able to identify them, thanks to your blog. 

I've also seen a few Coopers' hawk (twice one even landed on my back deck railing).  I've loved watching the geese chicks grow up and we had this return frog visitor last summer that would cling to the bird feeder, which hangs under the light and he would eat the bugs that the light attracted.  He even let me pick him up and he'd sit on my hand and watch me.  I used to see him across the deck in the evening and walk him over to the lamp to shorten his journey. The chickadees are a bit picky about their seeds and when I run out of the good feed and give them the cheaper, they'll litter the floor with unwanted seeds, which will attract the chipmunks by day and the raccoons by night.  I've been seeing the same raccoons just about every single night. Little bandits. 

Needless to say, I like nature.  Anyhow, here are some of the pictures I've caught over the last year (sorry, I linked a lot.. I have no self-editing ability). Thanks again for your informative blog! ~ Rae

Thank you so very much for sharing your stories and photos. I started the blog for people to contribute positive observations about nature and I would love to post everything you've shared. I'm sure everyone will enjoy them as much as I did.

If you are ever in the Lansing area, stop in the store to say hi. Dolly and the boys have been very busy entertaining all the customers. ~ Sarah

Hi, Up to you if you want to include them. I know I sent a lot. :) I'd love to stop by if I'm ever in Lansing to see the kitties. Too bad you don't have online order placing. Thanks again for the response! Hope you had a great holiday. :)

Wild Birds Unlimited does have an online ordering site at www.shopwbu.com. Or you can go to https://maps.wbu.com/ to locate the nearest Wild Birds Unlimited store.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment