I have a lot of bird baths

Unknown Wednesday, May 22, 2013
As you may know I have a lot of feeders; some for the finches, some for the woodpeckers, a couple for the cardinals and other seed eating birds and even one for the squirrels. What you may not know is that I also have several bird baths.

We all need water and the migrant bird species that I've seen taking a break at my baths are amazing! Some of the birds we are seeing now are the ones that go way north to nest and then turn around to winter way south. These hemisphere-trotting birds are remarkable in so many ways and one of the easiest ways to attract them is with a bird bath.

Adequate fluid replacement is important for endurance athletes. So it makes sense that the first thing migrating birds look for is water.

I have several baths and a pond at my suburban home. Do you need that many water areas? All my baths are always active. Some are low to the ground, some are tall, some are shallow, and some are deeper. It’s fun to watch which bath different bird species will choose.

And I can’t wait for the babies to show up! Many of our local mid-Michigan birds are feeding young in the nest which will fledge over the upcoming days and weeks. If you’ve bird watched long enough, you’ve noticed that often the first place parent birds bring their babies is to the bath.

The bird watching has been very exciting recently and the yard is about to get even busier. Anyone interested in birds has not been disappointed this spring. I recommend having at least a couple baths in your yard for the birds and for your bird watching entertainment!
 
Related Articles:
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment