Why Do The Cats Like To Drink Out Of My Mug?

Unknown Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm always guarding my mugs from rough-tongued thieves during the day. Even when I bring out two mugs, the cats want mine.


Dolly drinks while J.B. sleeps in my desk drawer (back right)
 Have you ever watched a cat drink? NPR had a really good story yesterday called Pet Physics: The Uncanny Lapping Of Cats.

Geoff Brumfiel reports that "Watching in slow motion reveals that cats of all sizes, from tabbies to tigers, have a very elaborate way of drinking. First, they move the tip of their tongue onto the surface of the water to flick the water up so that a little jet of liquid flies into the air. Then, in a flash, they catch the jet in their mouth." Click HERE to listen to the full story.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment