Cedar Waxwings or Squeaky Breaks?

Unknown Thursday, November 4, 2010
A Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) perched ...Image via Wikipedia
Yesterday I was taking the cardboard recycling to the bin at the Wild Birds Unlimited East Lansing store and heard the easy to recognize squeal of the Cedar Waxwings. The store is surrounded by fruit and nut trees so it's not that unusual to see the birds at different times as the fruit ripens.

But as I scanned the trees I saw nothing. Then the lights at the intersection changed and a garbage truck started and stopped as it made a turn. The brakes on the truck made a perfect imitation of about 20 hungry waxwings.

Today I was carrying seed out  to a customer's car and heard the squeal. I looked for a garbage truck but then I was pleased to see the waxwings right in the tree next to the parking lot entrance.

If you've never heard what Cedar Waxwings sound like, click HERE to go to Cornell's Lab of Ornithology website http://www.allaboutbirds.org/.

Related Articles:
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment