What Should Be My Next Feeder?

Unknown Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Dear Sarah, I don't know if you remember me. I brought my mom in to see you at the East Lansing store last May. I bought her a squirrel baffle, a bird feeding pole with two hooks and one of those forever square mesh finch feeders. And my aunt also bought a set of snapping poles to take back to Ireland. We are all very pleased with our purchases.

I want your recommendation for another feeder. My mom’s old feeder, not one of yours, is falling apart. I want to get her a good feeder.
Sue~ Haslett, MI

Wow, I work in a store full of the best bird feeders available. In an earlier blog I talked about my top picks.  Before you go shopping think about which birds you want to attract, where the feeder is going to be placed, and if squirrels will be a problem.
Thanks, Sarah

Dear Sarah, Thank you for responding so quickly! I know what I don’t want. My mom’s last feeder was a cheapy and was always clogging and a great big mess. I come over to fill the feeders once a week and read your wonderful blog to Mom. She just had foot surgery and we need something easy to fill and mess free. It’s going on the pole you sold us so there are no squirrel problems. Besides the goldfinches, the chickadees and titmice are two of my favorite birds. My mom likes the Cardinals.
Thank you, Sue

Those are some of my favorite birds too. And let me tell you our most popular no muss, no fuss feeder is the Wild Birds Unlimited Dinner Bell™ with a Seed Cylinder. This feeder also has a lifetime guarantee like your mesh finch feeder. Depending on bird activity in your yard, a 2lb cylinder can last up to a month and a 4.5lb cylinder can last up to 3 months.

I just started using this feeder a couple years ago and you wouldn’t believe the number and variety of birds I’ve attracted. I don’t even believe it! I’ve never said “oh, new bird” so many times since I hung the WBU Dinner Bell™ with a seed cylinder. Our popular Cranberry Fare Solid Seed Cylinders are packed pecans, sunflower chips, peanuts, safflower, black oil sunflower and cranberries - everything you need to get lots of birds to visit your backyard with very little mess.

Cardinals, chickadees, titmice, woodpeckers, jays, warblers, and more flock to the feeder. The WBU Dinner Bell™ feeder has a simple design that can provide a tidy dining experience. The feeder’s built-in dome provides protection from the weather, and the built-in tray prevents food from falling to the ground and it’s a snap to clean.

My recommendation is to hang a WBU Dinner Bell™ with a Cranberry or Supreme Fare Cylinder from your hook. I hope that helps, Sarah

Dear Sarah, That sounds wonderful. This was exactly what I was looking for & I didn't even know it. Thank you for your advice! I will come in to shop as soon as possible.
Sue



Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment