What Bird Feeders Do You Have?

Unknown Monday, May 17, 2010
Oh, I have a lot of feeders. Too many to list. I love the birds and as birdwatchers know, this is one of the busiest times at the feeders! Momma birds are trying to feed their babies as well as themselves while staying warm and dry.

It's almost impossible for me to keep my feeders full in the spring. That’s why my favorite feeder right now is the seed cylinder feeder. I used to call it my “Lazy Man feeder” because I only have to fill it once a month. But for some reason people don’t like the term lazy. Now I call it the feeder formally known as the Lazy Man Feeder.

I actually have a couple different styles of seed cylinder feeders in my yard. There are several to choose from as well as different kinds of seed cylinders.

I prefer the Cranberry or Supreme Fare cylinder. Pecans are the first ingredient in 3 of the cylinder varieties we sell at Wild Birds Unlimited - East Lansing, MI. After I slip on one of these pecan rolls, I like sit back and watch the action. Why pecans? Pecans are a very high energy food and the birds appreciate a good meal during this stressful time.

If you don't have a baffled Wild Birds Unlimited Advanced Pole System and worry about the squirrels, you can choose to use the Safflower cylinder to keep squirrels and blackbirds away.

I can tell you that Seed Cylinder feeders are undemanding. They are easy to clean, easy to fill, leave very little mess and attract a wide variety of birds. The feeders are popular with beginners and for people like me who have been feeding birds for almost 40 years.

Well that describes a couple feeders in my yard. Some of the other feeders I use are described in an earlier post called What is the best bird feeder? Click here to read more.

Thanks for the question. What is your favorite feeder?
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment