Hummingbirds in Arizona

Unknown Thursday, April 14, 2011
Hi Sarah,

Winter of 2010 , while visiting my In-Laws in Arizona, my Mother-in-law took me to an Arboretum in a National forest. They had the most beautiful variety of Hummingbirds. So this March while visiting them, I went back with my camera, and had a blast photographing these precious little birds.

What I have here is a Broad-billed, an Anna's Hummingbird, and a Black-chinned Hummingbird. Hope you enjoy them.


Linda
 
Nesting already in Arizona! I just checked the migration map at http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html. Michigan's Ruby-throated just made it to the Lansing area. I have to get my hummingbird feeder out today.
 
Hummingbirds.net also stated that Arizona had 17 species of hummingbirds. I've only seen the Ruby-throated. I had to look up the Broad-billed Hummingbird species at http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/browse_tax.aspx?family=62.

Great photos! My favorite is the Anna's Hummingbird on the thorny branch. Thank you for sharing. You made it a fabulous Friday Photo.
Sarah
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment