Best New Fly-thu Feeder

Unknown Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Sarah, it’s been a few weeks since you had a new favorite feeder. What’s up?
.
I’m not sure if you’re kidding me or serious, but it just so happens a new feeder has come in to the Wild Birds Unlimited - East Lansing store that has caught my eye.

It’s a Large Recycled Fly-Thru Feeder and let me tell you about it!

First, recycled feeders are nice because:
• It recycles 75 plastic containers making it environmentally friendly
• Is easy to fill
• Has a lifetime guarantee

Other features include:
• Powder-coated wrought iron brackets
• Removable seed tray for easy cleaning
• Made in the U.S.A

So why would you want a Fly-thu feeder?

Fly-thru bird feeders will attract the widest variety and greatest number of birds. It’s one of the most popular feeders at my house. Not only do the small perching songbirds enjoy this style of feeder, but I attract many ground feeding birds that will not use perches. It’s like raising the ground up to a level where I can see the birds comfortably.

A Fly-thru feeder is a tray feeder with a roof to protect the seed. The birds can find the seed easily and you can watch the birds with an unobstructed view. It can be pole mounted or have legs attached to make it a covered ground feeder.

Fly-thru feeders are called fly-thru because, you guessed it, birds can fly through the feeder. The open design is very appealing because birds can fly away quickly if a predator approaches.

You can fill the tray with a number of seeds, nuts, or fruit. If you’re making an apple pie, the apple peels, cores and extra pie dough can be a real treat for the birds. I fill the feeder mainly with No-Mess seed but sometimes I like to put out a seed block, sometimes day-old bread with peanut butter, sometimes leftover pecan pie.

I am in love with this versatile feeder! I think it’s absolutely fabulous, but I’ve only brought in a few to the stores to see how well they sell. If you’re interested you better come in quick to take a peek because I have a feeling they’ll sell fast.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment